On January 12, 1946, Reeves obtained the consent of the NFL to allow his team to relocate to Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, which had a seating capacity at the time of 105,000 far greater than their Cleveland venue’s. This placed the Rams more than 2,000 miles (3,200 km) away from the nearest NFL team, at the time (in Chicago).